Although I don’t cook carrots often this recipe called my attention and I had to try it. I made this recipe from my Paleo Comfort Foods book. A great option for a side dish.
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 pound carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1 pinch nutmeg
1/2 tsp fresh thyme. minced
1/3 cup coconut milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp Italian parsley to garnish
1. Heat oil in a heavy saucepan.
2. When oil is hot, add carrots and garlic and toss to coat. Cook covered, over medium-low heat until tender. Stirring occasionally for about 30-40 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 6 ramekins or other oven-friendly cups.
4. Scrape carrots into bowl of food processor. Add salt, paprika, nutmeg, thyme and coconut milk and purée until smooth.
5. Add in eggs and purée for 1 minute until mixture is well combined.
6. Spoon purée into ramekins until they are almost full.
7. Place timbales into a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into roasting pan until it comes half way up the sides of the ramekins.
8. Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
9. Unmold gently and serve warm and garnish with parsley.