I officially have a crockpot but I don’t get around to using it as often as I would like. I saw this recipe on Paleo Pot and I had to give it a try. It was amazingly good..
2 pounds of lean ground beef
1/2 pound of bacon
3 large sweet potatoes
1 large white onion
1 large red onion
Spices: Cayenne, paprika, garlic, black pepper, oregano
1. Peel your sweet potatoes and microwave them for 2-3 minutes to soften them slightly.
2. Slice your sweet potatoes into 1/8″ slices.
3. Dice your bacon finely and brown it in a pan into crisp pieces.
4. Remove your bacon from the pan and set it aside for later.
5. Dice your onions into large chunks and add to your pan along with your ground beef. Make sure you use a deep skillet or pan big enough to brown 2 pounds of beef and 2 onions.
4. Season your beef as you wish or using mentioned spices.
5. Make sure your beef is fully browned and onions are translucent.
6. Beat your 8 eggs in a bowl. Add some cayenne and paprika to your egg mixture if you wish.
7. Grease your slow cooker with some coconut oil.
8. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with slices of sweet potato. Just enough so that you cover the bottom.
9. Spoon in a layer of your seasoned beef onto the sweet potatoes.
10. Sprinkle some of your crisped bacon pieces on top of the beef.
12. Keep layering evenly until you use up your supplies.
13. Once you have finished layering, pour your egg mixture over the top.
14. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Allow pot to cool. If your ceramic crock is removable, throw it in the fridge overnight. This will allow the dish to congeal and set nice.
This is the beef I used.