Found this yummy recipe online and I just could not resist. The good news: it’s made with almond meal so there are no processed carbs! Give it a try, it was very easy to follow.
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup flax-seed meal
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup chopped nuts (I left this out)
4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I enjoy a piece every morning with a cup of green tea! YUM!
I have made this recipe a little cleaner by replacing honey for 1/4 tsp of stevia extract and adding 2 scoops of whey protein. I also used 3 bananas instead of 4. Same great taste!!! 😊
This recipe was finger-liking good! If I could, I would make this every week. This one is from Paleo Comfort Foods book.
1 cup coconut oil
2 large eggs
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. chipotle powder (optional)
2 pounds chicken thighs, drums, breasts (I used 2 packets of chicken cutlets)
1. Heat oil in large frying pan to 350F and preheat oven to 400F
2. Whisk eggs in medium-sized bowl
3. Combine all dry ingredients in large bol and mix well.
4. Dip chicken in whisked eggs.
5. Coat/cover chicken in dry mixture and place in hot oil. Allow both sides to brown (about 2 minutes each side).
6. Place drying rack on sheet pan and assemble check on the rack so there is space between all pieces.
7. Put chicken in oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
Chicken in skillet for 2 minutes on each side.
Place chicken on rack on top of baking sheet.
Chicken comes out crispy and ready to eat!
I usually don’t post on the weekends but today was a lazy Sunday and I was in the mood for baking!! Found this very easy recipe on Elena’s Pantry website and gave it a try. I made some changes, working with ingredients I already had at home. Still these came out delicious!! Easy treat for Valentine’s day.
1 ¾ cup blanched almond flour – I used half blanched, half unblanched
pinch celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest (packed)
1. In a large bowl combine almond flour and salt.
2. In a smaller bowl combine oil, agave, vanilla and lemon zest.
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry forming a dough ball.
4. Roll dough out to ¼ inch thick.
5. Cut out hearts or any other shape with cookie cutter.
6. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.