Found this yummy recipe online and I just could not resist. The good news: it’s made with almond meal so there are no processed carbs! Give it a try, it was very easy to follow.
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup flax-seed meal
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup chopped nuts (I left this out)
4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I enjoy a piece every morning with a cup of green tea! YUM!
I have made this recipe a little cleaner by replacing honey for 1/4 tsp of stevia extract and adding 2 scoops of whey protein. I also used 3 bananas instead of 4. Same great taste!!! 😊