Here’s a quick and easy recipe perfect for summer days. It can be an appetizer or paired with zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or sweet potatoes for a complete meal.
3-5 large tomatoes
1.5 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined.
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh parsley I used dried parsley flakes to taste
1 cup feta cheese
Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425. Place chopped tomatoes in baking dish. Add olive oil, garlic and pepper, toss. Bake for 20 mins on top rack.
Take out and toss in shrimp, lemon juice, parsley and feta cheese.
I bought cooked shrimp so the dish was ready to serve. If you get uncooked shrimp, place back in oven for another 15-20 mins or until shrimp are fully cooked.
Hey guys, sorry for my lack of posts but I’m four weeks away from my half Ironman race and training can’t get any more demanding. This past weekend I traveled once again with the team to Clermont, Fl for some hill training. I’m still cooking but nothing exciting. Haven’t tried any new recipes except for the one I’m about to tell you about. Since I’m short on time, it’s just been nice and easy recipes I’m familiar with. Haven’t even had time to juice and I can definitely tell the difference in my body, but that’s another post. So let me just get to this new recipe…
This sauce recipe totally impressed me. It’s so versatile. You can use it as the sauce for pasta (as I did) or even as a dip.
9 large Roma tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
1/2 cup almonds, toasted
2 garlic cloves
1 cup tightly packed basil + more for garnish
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling on tomatoes
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
**Your desired amount of cooked Pasta**
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Place sliced tomatoes on the sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour and 10 mins at 400F. Watch closely during the last 15 minutes of roasting.
2. Reduce oven heat to 325F and toast almonds for 8-10 minutes. Add 1/3 cup into food processor and process until finely chopped. I left mine a bit chunky for texture. Remove and set aside.
3. With processor turned on, add 2 garlic cloves and let it whirl around until finely chopped. Now add in the basil and process until finely chopped.
4. Add in the oil, optional nutritional yeast, and 1.5 cups of roasted tomatoes (you will have tomatoes left over). Process until smooth. Pulse in 1/3 cup toasted almonds. Season generously with salt and pepper. I think I used about 1/2 tsp salt or a bit more.
5. Pour your desired amount of pesto over the cooked pasta and mix well. Chop the remaining roasted tomatoes and stir into pasta.
I found this recipe on Oh She Glows
I looked at a few recipes online but none really included the ingredients I had in mind and made it easy enough to follow so I just came up with my own. Hoping for the best…. Hehe!
Please feel free to follow my recipe and make any changes as I really didn’t measure things very accurately.
About a 10 tomatoes of any kind!
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp of olive oil
Pepper and salt
8 oz organic vegetable broth
1/4 cup grass-fed heavy whipping cream (optional)
On a baking sheet place all tomatoes and onions in large chunks. Include whole garlic cloves and sprinkle the olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until onions are soft.
Take out and put in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add vegetable broth and blend again.
Place soup in pot on stove on low heat. Here you have two choices depending on your taste. You can add water until you get the desire consistency. Or you can add the whipping cream if you rather a creamier soup. Just stir for a few minutes and you’re done!!!
An easy and delicious soup with all fresh ingredients!!
I saw this recipe on here and thought to try it out and have as a snack!
I made some changes as I used what I already had at home but the result were still delicious. Nothing beats a quick recipe that is pack with nutritious ingredients.
Just cut out the tomatoes and scoop out everything from the inside.
For one can of tuna used, I used 2 Tbs of 0% Greek yogurt. Some red onion chopped. Pepper, oregano and basil to taste.
Mix all ingredients together and place mixture in tomatoes.
Top with cheese. I used 2% skim milk American cheese.
Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. I used my toaster over so it took a bit longer.
So delicious! I see myself making these often… Thanks The pescetarian and the pig!